Highland Road Park Observatory
Saturday, 21 October from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Free and for all ages.
Come visit on this night—if you dare—as HRPO delves into the eerie side of astronomy, physics and aeronautics. We’ll have creepy science demonstrations, some of which we’ve never used. And don’t forget the stories. Strange sky phenomena…extra dimensions… extraterrestrials. Be warned—we want to make you think!
Of course, a wonderful reflecting telescope will be available for the duration.
This year’s event includes three eerie games for prize redemption, a marshmallow roast with six stories for the brave-hearted, creeping ??? and more!
AVAILABLE CELESTIAL OBJECTS
- 7:45 pm to 8:15 pm = Saturn♄ (back pad telescope only)
- 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm = “Voyager Triangle”* (back pad only)
- 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm = Neptune♆
- 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm = Albireo*
- 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm = Job’s Coffin*
- 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm = Andromeda Galaxy
- 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm = Uranus♅
- 9:15 pm to 10:00 pm = Algol*
- 9:15 pm to 10:00 pm = Pleiades* (front pad telescope only)
Telescope viewing and marshmallow roast are weather permitting. Objects marked with (*) are suitable for binoculars.
- Admission = $0.00
- Telescope Viewing = $0.00
- Binocular Checkout = $0.00 to $1.00
- Red Glow Sticks = $1.50
- Solar Viewers = $2.00
- Pocket Star Finder = $5.25
- HRPO T-Shirts (various colors) = $6.25
- Firestreak Model Rocket = $11.25
- Metal Earth Construction Kits = $10.00 to $22.00
[All costs are tax-included.]
Updated by Frederick J. Barnett on Friday, September 8, 2017, 11:32 AM.