Highland Road Park Observatory
THE OBSERVATORY EQUIPMENT AND ITS ROLE IN EDUCATION
A presentation delivered at the Baton Rouge Observatory Ground Breaking Ceremony on November 4, 1996 by
T. Gregory Guzik, Associate Professor - Research
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Louisiana State University
THE PLANNED OBSERVATORY EQUIPMENT
- What is going to be included in the existing facility?
- What will we be able to do with this equipment?
- When is it expected that the equipment will be operational?
THE OBSERVATORY AND EDUCATION
- How will the observatory be used in education during the near term?
- What are the teacher and student training programs at the LSU Department of Physics and Astronomy which may make use of the observatory?
- What is the anticipated use of the observatory in the K-12 classroom? What kinds of educational activities might be done at the observatory facility? What must be done to implement these plans and make them a reality? When might the various educational uses of the observatory be available?
WHAT CAN TEACHERS DO TO PARTICIPATE NOW?
Last updated by Frederick J. Barnett on Thursday, January 20, 2005 12:02:34 PM